OUR NAME IS CHANGED

We have changed our name from the NEW TRADITION COALITION to DRAW THE LINE LAWRENCE so it better fits our purpose and mission. We call on all community members to come together and DRAW THE LINE on underage drinking and drug use for a healthier and safer place to live.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

HOME ALONE

Staying Home Alone While Parents Are Away
There are two sides to this issue. Some parents have no problem trusting their teens to stay home when they are away for the weekend, some would never dream of doing that. It just goes to show that teens, parents and families can be as different as their fingerprints. Here is a parenting contract for your personal use that you can print out. Please feel free to use as it or make it your own. At least, it is a good discussion starter. It is always a good idea to tell your neighbors you're leaving and ask someone to watch the house while you are gone.

Parents and Teens Contract: Staying Home Alone While Parents Are Away
I know that being able to stay home alone while my parents are away is a privilege. I respect that my parents love me and want to keep me safe. My parents respect that I am getting older and want the privilege of being able to take care of myself. With that in mind, we agree:

1.I will strictly follow the rules set by my parents for the time that I am home alone.

2.I understand the routine my parents and I have developed and will follow through with it.

3.I understand what to do in case of an emergency.

4.I understand what to do if someone comes to our door.

5.I understand what to do if the phone rings.

6.I know who to call if I need help for minor things and for major things.

7.I know how to contact my parents if I need to.

8.I will not have a party while my parents are away.

9.I will not use illegal substances while my parents are away.

10.I will be where my parents expect me to be, with whom I am expected to be with, the entire time my parents are away.

The consequences for not following through with these expectations and limits are:

No comments: